INtime® for Windows*
Real-time application consolidation on Windows PCs
As Windows* is the standard for implementing human machine interfaces and enterprise connectivity there is vital demand for real-time application solutions complementing it. INtime for Windows was conceived as an RTOS on Windows PCs and has been implemented from the ground up to run real-time applications side-by-side with any current native 32-bit or 64-bit Windows version.
Hardware consolidation reduces costs and improves efficiency
INtime for Windows integrates real-time applications with the general purpose capabilities of Windows on a single, powerful multi-core PC host. This combination of both deterministic and general purpose applications enables the migration of existing applications onto a single PC resulting in a simpler, cost effective solution.
INtime for Windows explicitly partitions multi-core PC hardware into distinct processing nodes, dedicating execution cores, RAM, and I/O resources to each node. Windows keeps running applications using symmetric multiprocessing (SMP), independent from INtime RTOS nodes. INtime uses an asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) approach, which allows RTOS applications to run independently from one another.
INtime for Windows enables solutions to be scaled to different core counts and topologies, without the need to rewrite applications.
Multi-kernel solution for flexible, scalable multi-core deployments
INtime application binaries run natively on either INtime for Windows or INtime® Distributed RTOS for ﬂexible deployments on today’s powerful multi-core PC hosts. Partitioning applications onto their own execution nodes ensures protection at the application level. This innovative RTOS design allows developers to scale out solutions across multiple nodes, multiple hosts, or both, optimizing system hardware costs for the total solution.
Comprehensive inter-process communication
Processes easily interact from separate environments with global objects across GOBSnet Inter Process Communication (IPC), the global objects network that enables INtime® RTOS processes and Windows processes to interoperate across nodes and hosts in a deterministic way, without requiring any code changes. Deterministic applications run as part of a networked system, accessing services and resources across the entire solution. All processes execute in protected user mode (Ring 3) out of up to 4 GB of memory, ensuring memory protection between processes.
- GPOS and RTOS consolidated onto one PC to save cost
- Complete Object-based RTOS solution
- Explicit HW Partitioning for enhanced Application Protection
- Deterministic – Hard Real-time capable
- Flexible Deployments due to Multi-process Architecture
- Reduced Complexity – less physical connections
- GOBSnet IPC – Cross-node and Cross-PC communication
- Binary Compatibility with INtime® Distributed RTOS
INtime for Windows order codes
INtime for Windows is licensed software. Multiple instances of the INtime Software Operating System can be installed on hardware with more than two logical processors. Licenses can be purchased for single-instance deployment or multiple instances per PC system as described below
- INTIME-RTINtime for Windows run time incorporation fee for redistribution of base operating system and derivative works. This license is used for one INtime kernel instance per system. Does not include a license for Microsoft Windows.
- INTIME-MCRTINtime for Windows multi-core run time incorporation fee for redistribution of base operating system and derivative works. This license is used for two or more INtime kernel instances per system. Does not include a license for Microsoft Windows.
- *-KEYAppend -KEY to above for USB dongle based license.