INtime® Software Development Kit
Comprehensive development environment for INtime® Software
INtime Software Development Kit (SDK)
The INtime SDK is a software development toolkit for the complete development cycle, from code entry to debugging, optimization, and runtime analysis of an INtime Software solution, whether for INtime for Windows or INtime Distributed RTOS or both. The INtime SDK runs on any Windows* PC platform to debug applications on target systems, either on the same host for INtime for Windows or on a remote host, via LAN, for INtime Distributed RTOS.
The INtime SDK provides everything needed to monitor and analyze the application. INtime RTOS Family applications are portable across all deployment models with binary compatibility so applications can be distributed to any number of nodes. Build, analyze, and deploy scalable software solutions to meet demanding, hard real-time application requirements.
- Single development environment for both INtime® for Windows* and INtime® Distributed RTOS
- Integrated within Microsoft* Visual Studio*
- Quick start code wizards and sample projects
- IntelliSense context aware documentation within Microsoft Visual Studio
- C or C++ with Standard Template Library
- Support for the Boost C++ libraries
- SIMD support for Intel* Integrated Performance Primitives and Intel* oneAPI Math Kernel Library
- INtime Explorer – dynamic object browser
- INscope – system timing analyzer
- Spider – multi-thread debugger
- System Debug Monitor – low level debugger
- Fault analyzer
Efficient solution development using the world class Microsoft* Visual Studio*
INtime SDK installs as an integral part of the Microsoft Visual Studio integrated development environment (IDE), providing a very familiar development platform, while eliminating the need to purchase additional tools or learn another environment. Microsoft Visual Studio is the core resource utility for writing and debugging INtime Software applications.
INtime SDK wizards in Microsoft Visual Studio and sample applications accelerate development from application creation to debugging and optimization, so focus is on the solution instead of learning new tools. Extensive product documentation is integrated into Microsoft Visual Studio, making technical reference information easily available.
Comprehensive analysis of system state and performance characteristics are directly linked, providing precise operational details. INtime SDK tool portability and remote operation across the LAN allow developers maximum versatility without imposing undesired burdens on target system resources. The INtime SDK tools easily attach to a running system, making tough problems easy to isolate for debugging.
Built-in Developer Tools
Integrated INtime Software debugger for Microsoft Visual Studio
The INtime SDK includes an integrated source-level debugger for Microsoft Visual Studio providing real-time process and variable monitoring, and debugging, with access to the tool’s most powerful features, including conditional breakpoints, variable and register inspection, source-level stepping, and watch variables.
Real-time faults automatically trigger a choice of debug tools to debug divide-by-zero errors, bad pointer accesses, page faults, stack faults, and other CPU exceptions.
INtime Explorer – Dynamic object browser
INtime Explorer provides a convenient way to view and interact with the state of processes, threads, and objects at runtime. Browse objects, inspect details, and interact using a friendly GUI. Control of objects, such as deleting, signaling, and suspending or resuming threads, are done interactively to assist in system debugging. Unhandled exceptions are analyzed with the monitoring and reporting function, generating a post-crash analysis report. A system statistics monitoring function displays per-thread and per-process CPU usage.
INscope – Real-time system analysis
INscope is used to verify operation of time-critical code as well as proper sequencing of real-time events. Output is displayed as a familiar logic-analyzer-type graphical trace. An API is included that allows the addition of user-defined events to the trace log to precisely control trigger points, such as starting and stopping the trace. Details include information about the execution of real-time applications, including precise timing, thread switches, system library calls, and interrupts.
Spider Debugger – Multi-thread debugger
Spider is a secondary debugging resource for source-level and symbolic debugging of RT applications that permits control of a thread without affecting the execution of other threads.
System Debug Monitor (SDM) – Serial console-based low-level hardware debug monitor
SDM is a hardware debug monitor to disassemble code, set and execute breakpoints, display or change microprocessor registers, and display or change the contents of memory. SDM displays information about INtime kernel objects such as processes, threads, and mailboxes. Use SDM to interpret data structures maintained by the INtime kernel; for example, INtime software system calls, stacks and the GDT.
The Fault Manager provides a choice of actions to use after a fault including debug tools.
The Fault Manager can be used on remote nodes as well as on local nodes.
The INtime SDK is used to develop and debug INtime applications on the same host (INtime for Windows) or on a separate host (INtime for Windows or INtime Distributed RTOS).
INtime 7 Software Development Kit order codes
- INTIME7-DK-KEYINtime 7 software development kit featuring USB hardware license key. SDK includes the development sample code, libraries, header files, TCP/IP and USB stacks, and select device drivers; Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 plugins; associated development tools; and one year technical support, maintenance and upgrades.
- INTIME7-DK-NETSRVNetwork starter package of six (6) INtime 7 software development kits. Includes network server software. INtime 7 software development kit featuring USB hardware license key. SDK includes the development sample code, libraries, header files, TCP/IP and USB stacks, and select device drivers; Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 plugins; associated development tools; and one year technical support, maintenance and upgrades.
- INTIME7-DK-ADDNETIncremental addition of a single INtime 7 software development kit for an existing INTIME7-DK-NETSRV installation. INtime 7 software development kit featuring USB hardware license key. SDK includes the development sample code, libraries, header files, TCP/IP and USB stacks, and select device drivers; Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 plugins; associated development tools; and one year technical support, maintenance and upgrades.
- INTIME-DK-MAINTExtension of maintenance and support for existing INtime SDK for one (1) additional year. Requires one each per INtime SDK license. Includes all updates and upgrades issued during the period agreement in effect. Refer to the INtime Software Support Policy and Procedure document on the company website for specific details.